A Live Webinar featuring, Dr. Tom Smith, President & CEO, Geophysical Insights
Duration/Format: 4 half-day interactive webinar sessions, Oct 30 to Nov 2, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Central Time (Houston, USA)
If you are new to the GSH Website, you will need to create a login ID to register and participate, thank you.
This webinar will address the following questions:
- What is machine learning and how does it apply to seismic exploration and unconventional resource development?
- What is the difference between supervised and unsupervised machine learning?
- When is an analysis statistical and when is it machine learning?
- What is attribute space and what is the mathematical foundation of this technology?
- How do you know if the results are any good?
- What are some case histories that illustrate machine learning principals?
- What are some practical tips?
- Each of these topics will include one or more examples and simple exercises to illustrate a principal where appropriate.
Each of these topics will include one or more examples and simple exercises to illustrate a principal where appropriate.
|- Supervised and
||- Seismic Processing for
||- The Best Well
| Unsupervised Learning
||- Geobody Classification
|| Machine Learning
||- The Best Seismic
|- MLP; CNN; FCN;
||- Attribute Selection List
| k-means; SOM
||- Fluid Contacts
|- Attribute space
||-Geobody Seismic Facies
||- Principal Component
||- Making Predictions
||- Who Makes the Best
Dr. Tom Smith, the founder of Seismic Micro-Technology (SMT) and creator of the KINGDOM Software Suite, is the President and CEO of Geophysical Insights (geoinsights.com), where he leads a team of geophysicists, geologists and computer scientists in developing machine learning technologies for interpretation. Dr. Tom Smith received a BS and MS degree in Geology from Iowa State University, and a Ph.D in Geophysics from the University of Houston. Over a 50-year career, Dr. Smith has been recognized numerous times for his accomplishments in pioneering the science of geophysics. The Society of Exploration Geologists (SEG) recognized Dr. Smith’s work with the SEG Enterprise Award in 2000, and in 2010, the Geophysical Society of Houston (GSH) awarded him an Honorary Membership. Iowa State University (ISU) recognized Dr. Smith’s accomplished career with the Distinguished Alumnus Lecturer Award in 1996, the Citation of Merit for National and International Recognition in 2002, and the highest alumni honor in 2015, the Distinguished Alumni Award. The University of Houston College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics recognized Dr. Smith with the 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award.
This 16 hour course can be taken in the comfort of your office or home.
It works on PCs, iPads, and iPhones. No travel costs.
Miss part of the sessions? Never fear. All sessions are recorded and available for later viewing by registered users.
| Company/Group 2-10
| Individual Student