GSH-SEG Spring Symposium-Data Science and Geophysics: How Machine Learning and AI will Change Our Industry - Apr 27-28
Welcome to the GSH Website. If you have not visited our website before, you will need to create a login to register or participate in our event. Thank you.
Welcome to the 2021 GSH Spring Symposium! This is the Geophysical Society of Houston’s premier technical event and this year the symposium theme will be on the application of the latest data science tools to solving geophysical problems.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we have elected to hold this year’s symposium as an online only event. This unfortunately means we can’t all meet in person and that will not be able to hold our traditional honoree roast event, but we hope to do both of these at a special fall event this year. However, we still hope we can make our spring symposium as informative and interactive as previous years and we are preparing a great line up of speakers.
The symposium will be held over two days and will consist of a keynote address, multiple speakers each day and two exciting lunch time events. The first will be our traditional SEG Student Challenge Bowl competition. This will be held online and will feature the traditional battle between student geophysicists to be crowned the winner of the GSH Challenge Bowl and to earn a place at the Challenge Bowl finals at the SEG annual symposium in the fall! The second event will be the announcement of the winners of the Machine Learning Competition being run by the Data Science & Machine Learning SIG and will include an overview of the competition challenge, the announcement of the winner and a presentation by the winning entry.
Key Note Speaker: Jake Umbriaco, Digital Platform and Services Manager, Subsurface - Chevron
Confirmed Speakers and Topics include:
- Aria Abubaker, Schlumberger - Machine Learning for Geoscience Applications
- Satinder Chopra, SamiGeo - Some Machine Learning Applications for Seismic Facies Classification
- Hugo Garcia, Geoteric - Automated Fault Detection from 3D Seismic using Artificial Intelligence
- Elive Menyoli, Emerson - Wavefield Separation via Principle Component Analysis and Deep learning in the Local Angle Domain
- Tom Smith, Geophysical Insights - The Scientific Universe from Square One to SOM
- Yuting Duan, Shell - Estimation of Time-lapse Timeshifts using Machine Learning
- Jon Downton, CGG - Predicting Reservoir Properties from Seismic and Well Data using Deep Neural Networks
- Wenyi Hu, AGT & UH - Progressive Transfer Learning for Low Frequency Prediction in FWI
Final Speaker Schedule: to be provided when finalized
To download a flyer click here
To download sponsor options click here
Symposium Advertising form click here
Instructions to Advertisers click here
To download a copy of the speaker schedule click here
Reminder: You Must Be Logged in to Register and view all pricing options.
| GSH, SEG and CSEG Members
| Non-Members ($60 applied to GSH membership)
| GSH or SEG Emeritus
| Full Time Student Member
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS: